Transfer Student

I am a Transfer student. I have attended at least one other college.

  • Complete the application for admission.

  • Request an official transcript from every college you have ever attended. PRCC requires an official transcript from every college you have ever attended—no matter if you did not earn credit and no matter if it was a long time ago. Most college transcripts can be ordered directly from
  • ACT scores are required. Students may contact the Counseling center at 601-403-1250 to schedule ACT testing or COMPASS placement testing. If ACT has been taken previously, but scores not sent to PRCC, scores can be obtained at

After you've gained acceptance, there are a few more things to do for enrollment.

  • Attend a ROAR Orientation Session
    • ROAR is highly recommended for transfer students who have completed fewer than 15 credit hours.
    • Sign up for a ROAR session at the Poplarville Campus, Forrest County Center, or Hancock Center.
  • Apply for Financial Aid
  • Meet with an Advisor to Register for Classes
    • If you did not attend a ROAR Orientation Session and need to meet with an advisor, please call (601) 403-1250 (Poplarville Campus) or (601) 554-5500 (Forrest County Center) to schedule an appointment.


    Congratulations! With all that done, you can consider yourself officially enrolled at Pearl River. Now there are a few other things to take care of before classes start.

    • Go to the Business Office in the Administration Building
      • Confirm financial aid and/or enrollment in the Nelnet Payment Plan
      • Pick up your PRCC Student ID
      • Purchase a Parking Decal
    • Pick Up Parking Decal from Campus Police
      • Must have Completed Vehicle Registration Form from the Business Office
      • Valid Driver’s License, Proof of Auto Insurance, and Tag Number
    • Purchase Textbooks in Crosby Hall
      • You can also purchase your books online at
      • Must have PRCC Student ID and Class Schedule
      • Must have a copy of your Student Profile if taking classes online (View and print your Student Profile by visiting the eLearning site)
    • Need a Dorm Room?