Listed below are opportunities for employment at Pearl River Community College including the job position, description, a printable application, and contact information. If you wish to apply for a position, print and fill out the application and mail it to the address printed on the application. Be sure to read the application carefully and submit the required documents. Be sure to use the appropriate application.
- Pearl River Community College is now accepting applications for the position of Early Childhood Academy, Resource & Referral Center Associate, Poplarville Location. This is a full-time (12 month), grant funded, support-staff position. For additional information, please see the job description posted at this site. To apply for this position, please contact Ms. Brenda Wells, at 601-403-1379, or email email@example.com. The deadline to apply for this position is Friday, February 10, 2017. Please see below.
Characteristics of Work:
The Resource & Referral Center Associate reports directly to the designated staff person at the assigned community college for the purposes of workload management and personnel issues. The position shall provide organization and support for the Early Childhood Academy by carrying out duties assigned.
Examples of Work:
The following examples are intended only as illustrations of the various tasks performed by the incumbent in this position. These examples are not meant to be exhaustive; they are representative of the general functions of this position.
1. Serve as the initial point of contact for the Resource and Referral Center.
2. Assist in maintenance and management of a system of data collection, in order to provide electronic access to early child care information, statewide trends and federal data needs identified.
3. Coordinate activities, as needed, for area meetings, conferences, and training sessions including securing locations, materials, supplies and assisting with the facilitation of such events.
4. Provide support for research, report writing activities, and administering surveys.
5. Provide administrative support for the Early Childhood Academy, such as coordinating division travel and providing communications support (letters, telephone, electronic), maintaining the events calendar, generating reminders as appropriate, and organizing and maintaining files.
6. Participate in program audits and reviews, as needed.
7. Support Resource and Referral Center with the compilation and submission of state and federal reports, including follow-up on project management milestones.
8. Coordinate and maintain Early Childhood Academy and Resource and Referral documents, supplies, and equipment (all learning materials and resources).
9. Assist with delivery of mail (incoming and outgoing) and routing of calls.
10. Keep Resource and Referral Center neat and clean, while ordering, stocking, and distributing training materials.
11. Greet visitors and oversee their use of the Resource and Referral Center resources.
12. Other duties as assigned by the designated college administer and Mississippi Community College Board.
Associate’s Degree preferred in Child Development, Early Childhood or related field; or three years prior experience in similar administrative support position is required. Proficiency in Word, Excel, and PowerPoint; in addition Microsoft Access proficiency is favorable. Advanced analytical and organizational skills, including a high level of accuracy and attention to detail. Excellent multitasking skills. Ability to meet deadlines. Effective oral and written communication skills. Ability to work independently, but possessing the interpersonal skills necessary to work with teams of various college personnel and other internal or external constituencies. Experience in data collection/research in program areas and in organizing/planning meetings and conferences is preferred. Must have the ability to maintain confidentiality of records and information, while being able to follow instruction and proceedures.
Note: Applicants may be required to complete a skills test (Notification will be sent via email)
To apply, please submit the following:
• PRCC Support Staff Application – found here http://www.prcc.edu/files/faculty/app-employment.pdf
• Cover Letter/Letter of Application
• Letters of Recommendations (2-3)
- Pearl River Community College is now accepting applications for the position of Instructor of Unmanned Aerial Systems Technology. This is a full-time (9 month) grant-funded position. Pearl River Community College is seeking a highly skilled individual with credentials certifying qualifications. Must provide certificates received that substantiate instructor/operator training. FAA Part 107 Remote Pilot Certificate with small UAS rating required. FAA Private Pilot or better rating preferred. Desired skills include UAS instructor experience performing in the classroom, field training, and hands-on flight training. Must be proficient in multirotor and fixed wing UAS manual flight control. Understand current FAA guidance regarding UAS operation in National Airspace. Manage radio communications when operating in all classes of airspace while operating in an airport environment. Perform instruction at multiple levels depending on student knowledge / capability; provide classroom instruction, hands-on training, and operating UAS
The deadline to apply is March 1, 2017. Candidates for this position should submit the following information:
A completed Pearl River Community College application for employment, which can be copied from our website: www.prcc.edu
A letter of interest
3 Professional references with address and phone numbers
Application packets can be mailed to the following address:
Pearl River Community College
Attention: Sheila Smith
Box 5010 Hwy 11 North
Poplarville, MS 39470
Or email to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Pearl River Community College offers equal education and employment opportunities. The College does not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, sex, age, national origin, veteran status, or disability. For inquiries regarding the non-discrimination policies or to request accommodations, special assistance, or alternate format publication please contact Tonia Moody, Director of Admissions and Records, ADA/Civil Rights Coordinator, and Title IX Coordinator, at P.O. Box 5537, Poplarville, MS 39470 or 601-403-1060.